What is TEC?
TEC stands for Telecommunication Engineering Centre. TEC facilitates Department of Telecommunications, Government of India in drafting and implementing various standards and policies for safe and secure use of emerging technologies in telecommunications.
TEC had released specifications for the quality measures for the telecom equipments. These specifications can be categorised as Generic Requirements (GRs), Interface Requirements (IRs) and Service Requirements (SR).
TEC is responsible to issue various approvals such as Interface Approvals, Certificate of Approvals, Service Approvals & Type Approvals.
The telecom product or network which interfaces with Indian Telecom Network should comply to its TEC Generic Requirement (GR). After successful evaluation , the product will be granted and Type approved. Separate Generic Requirements is available by TEC for each type of product. Type Approval is granted to eligible applicants only.
The telecom product or network which interfaces with Indian Telecom Network should comply to its TEC Interface Requirement (IR). After successful evaluation, the product will be granted Interface approval. Separate Interface Requirement is available by TEC for each type of product. Interface Approval is granted to eligible applicants only.
The R&D organisation which develops equipment to transfer technology to other manufacturers is granted with Technology Approval by TEC authority. Technology Approval is awarded for specific product after evaluating the applicable Generic Requirement (GR). The specialized Core Group at TEC (HQ) in association with RTEC performs all the testing required for the evaluation of the applicable GR.
Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments (MTCTE)
- The Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Rules, 2017, provides that every telecom equipment must undergo mandatory testing and certification prior to sale, import of use in India.
- The testing is to be carried out for conformance to Essential Requirements (ER )for the equipment, by Indian Accredited Labs designated by TEC and based upon their test reports, certificate shall be issued by TEC.
Products covered in MTCTE Certification
- 2- Wire Telephone Equipments
- G3 Fax Machine
- Cordless Telephone
- ISDN Customer Premises Equipment
- Private Automatic Branch Exchange
Proposed list of products to be covered in MTCTE Certification
- HF Radio
- Conferencing and Presentation Equipment
- Conferencing Equipment
- VHF UHF Radio System Equipments
- Equipments Operating in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Band
- IP Terminal
- Point of Sale Devices
- Media Gateway
- DSL Equipments
- Signalling Gateway
- Session Border Controller
- Repeater for Cellular Network
- Base Station for Cellular Network
- Compact Cellular Network
- Mobile Handset
- GPON Equipments
- Mobile Radio Trunking System
- Transmission Terminal Equipment
- IoT Gateway
- Tracking Device
- Smart Electricity Meter
- Smart Watch
- Smart Camera
- Satellite Communication Equipments
- LAN Switch
- End Point Device for Environmental Monitoring
- Feedback Device
- Media Converter
Who can apply for the MTCTE Certificate?
Any Indian Company which is the manufacturer/importer/major distributor or company authorised by foreign OEM will be ultimate applicant for the MTCTE application.
What are the basic requirements for the MTCTE Certificate?
- Authorised Signatory from Authorised Indian Company
- In case of Foreign OEM :
- Foreign OEM needs to appoint Indian Company to act as Representative for MTCTE certification procedure.
- In case of Indian Manufacturer:
- Manufacturer based in India needs to provide their legal documents for the registration on portal.
- Product with Valid Test report from Indian labs designated by TEC.
- Brand / Trademark Details
How to get TEC – MTCTE Certificate ?
Authorised Indian representative needs to follow TEC procedure to apply for the Mandatory Testing and Certification for Telecom Equipment
- Pre-Registration of Applicant
- Testing of Equipment from Labs designated by TEC
- Submission of Application in TEC Online and Offline both
Why to choose Aleph India as your Reliable Partner For TEC Certifications?
The most important decision to successfully obtain TEC Certificate is selection of a competent partner organization/agency and plan to keep a constant line of communication open. We offer following assistance to finish the project smoothly and within committed time frame…
- Entire paper work related to the certification.
- Liaison with TEC authority which includes detailed Application preparation, submission, replying to time to time queries providing clarifications.
- Sending pre-registration request and documentation.
- Testing of Telecom Equipment from TEC Designated labs.
- Online submission of documents.
- Online submission of Fee.
- Hard copy submission of all docs to TEC authority .
- Multiple visits to TEC authority , Agreement Documents signing.
- Time to time miscellaneous/incidental works throughout the certificate granting process.
- Complete solution for TEC –MTCTE related queries with the help of highly experienced professional team.